Friday, October 7, 2011

FBFF - Fads

leopard print shoes




skinny jeans and oxfords

army jacket and oxfords



1. Do you ever see a fad hit the stores and immediately dislike it? Oh, yes, all the time. Skinny jeans, leopard print, army jackets, oxford shoes. Has that fad ever began to grow on you? Obviously! It just takes me a while to decide that I like something. ;)

2. Has the popularity of a certain piece of clothing or line ever convinced you to try on something (or purchase something) you dislike? Nope. If I don't love it, I don't buy it. Period. With a limited budget, you only buy what you are completely in love with. Just because everyone else loves it, doesn't necessarily mean that I will like it or that it will fit into my lifestyle or closet.

3. Have you ever changed your mind about a trend after seeing it around for a while? Indeed. It took a year or two before I would even consider wearing skinny jeans. Actually it wasn't until I was pregnant that I began to like the look.

4. Do you feel a certain pressure to have specific items in your closet because 'everyone' else does? Not really. Indeed, often when I see everyone going nuts for something, I avoid it like the plague. I don't want to look like everyone else. I loathe uggs. It doesn't matter how many people wear them or how popular they are (and believe me, they are very popular around here once the weather gets cool) I think they are hideous. Same thing with crocs clogs (shudder)!

5. Be honest, what do you think of the Missoni line? I didn't really pay that much attention to it. Although I love Target, I only shop the clearance racks. I'd rather not torment myself with stuff that I just can't afford. Did you grab any items? Nope. If any of them make it to the clearance rack, I'll consider it then. I think the flats were cute, but I just purchased a pair of striped flats, so I probably won't purchase them even on clearance. Is it worth the eBay prices? I have no idea. Generally the designer lines that Target does are decent quality. I still have two of the suits that came out years ago from Isaac Mizrahi. They are still in great shape and with classic styling will last for years. Truthfully though, I didn't purchase them because of the designer name, but because they were beautiful suits on clearance in my size. At the time, I was still working in an office and wearing suits most days.

Now, go check out everyone else's answers at Modly Chic!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...