Monday, November 14, 2011

Rest in Peace beloved Mother, Grandmother, and Friend

cardi, belt, bag: thrifted, tunic: target, leggings: walmart, loafers: ???


leopard earrings and ring


20 year old loafers - dexters from junior high!

A super comfy outfit from a couple of weeks ago. A bunch of neutrals (chambray, black and tan) with a splash of leopard in the jewelry. Easy and comfy. And those shoes? Yes, I have had them for 20 years. They were frequently paired with neon socks, high-waisted, stone-washed jeans, and matching neon t-shirt layered over white tee with the sleeves rolled. Yep, those were the days. They were also very occasionally paired with leggings and an oversize (like size XL) tee shirt, although that look was usually worn with my reeboks. ;) I think I like this look a lot better.

On a more serious note, my husband's grandmother went home to be with the Lord last Monday night. She had been suffering from Alzheimer's for the last three years, but she was an amazing woman. While we are relieved that her suffering is over, she will be missed. I hope you will take time today to hug your mom or grandmother if they are around. If you still have them alive and nearby, you are blessed.

What is your favorite memory of your grandmother?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...