Thursday, October 25, 2012

Tasty Treat Thursday - Broccoli Bread

So, I mentioned my broccoli bread a while back and a few of you wanted the recipe. Here it is. You will need sausage (I like the sage, but use whatever kind you like), broccoli, and mozzarella cheese for the filling. This works so much better with actual bread dough, but I can't find it around here and don't have the patience to make my own. I use the pillsbury pizza dough instead and it works pretty well. 

 1. Start by preheating your oven according to the package directions and spread out your pizza or bread dough on a greased cookie sheet or in a bread pan.

 2. Brown your sausage and be sure to drain it if it is greasy. You don't want too much grease in the bread or it gets really messy. Not to mention bad for you.

 3. Thaw your broccoli and chop it into smaller pieces. If you can find the chopped broccoli at the grocery that actually works better, but it isn't available around here and giant pieces of broccoli don't work well in the bread. ;)
 4. Removed the sausage from the heat and stir in chopped broccoli.

  5. Mix your shredded cheese into the broccoli and sausage mixture. You want it to be mixed well so that everything stays together inside the bread.

 6. Put the mixture down the center of your pizza crust.

7. Wrap your crust closed and bake according to package directions. Brush top with butter during the last 5 minutes.

Slice and enjoy!

This is a family favorite around here. I'd love to hear it you try this and what you think!

Linking up with Catch a Glimpse and Seven Alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...