Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tuck it in, tuck it in!

tee: gadzooks, shorts: thrifted, shoes: ross, bag: target




And here we have day two of the 21 Day Challege: Tuck it in. I am not amazingly happy with this outfit, but I wore it and it worked. Eh. I like the mint and pink combination and I like the heels with the bermuda shorts. I'm not crazy about the fit of the tee (come back tomorrow for more on that) and my hair looks nuts. I think its time for a change.

In other news we are having seriously gorgeous weather right now! Wow. Usually this is the hottest time of the year and just really miserable, but the mornings and evenings have been cool and it is even pleasantly hot during the day. Of course, the mosquitoes are swarming like mad, but you win some you  lose some (blood). We are also getting an insane amount of rain for this time of year. Usually by August we are well into drought with burn bans and such all over. But there has been a thunderstorm every few days. (Probably why the temps are down and the mosquitoes are up.)

That reminds me..... We moved from Arkansas to New Orleans back in 2001 for my hubby to attend school. We were utterly bewildered by the constant talk about 'the drought'. Everyone was terribly worried and upset about it. Our bewilderment stemmed from the odd fact that it rained. Every day. Yeah. Drought??? Where we come from a drought means that it doesn't rain for three or four months. So we were a little weirded out by the concern. And then Tropical Storm Allison hit. Everything in sight was flooded, and everyone was oddly relieved by the rainfall. Ahhhh. All of a sudden it made sense. Apparently in that part of Lousiana unless you have floods every couple of months, you are experiencing a drought. Got it. Good to know.



5 comments:

  1. I LOVE that purse!!!
    Ooooh, Arkansas? Where in Arkansas? Have we discussed this before? I have such a horrible memory... My husband is from Arkansas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wore mint and red for the color blocking day, and I"m pretty sure that I need to do mint and pink, I think I would like that better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors and wearing heels with bermuda shorts is something I'll have to try! Can't wait to see what else you come up with during the next 19 days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you wore heels with your shorts! It makes your legs look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pink accessories. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...