Thursday, April 28, 2011

Oxymoron!

top, jeans, shoes: thrifted, scarf: too ancient to remember


giant jeweled hoops and giant black watch

So, this isn't actually what I wore today. I'm currently in my workout clothes, before that I was in my jammies. Yep, the joys of being a stay at home mom - I wore my jammies all day today. We spent the day cleaning, doing laundry, and napping. Nice, huh. Somedays I just don't want to bother with putting clothes on. I mean I love clothes and shopping and getting dressed, but there is more to life than style. So we had a productively lazy day. Yep. There's the title right there. :)

About the outfit: These jeans are incredibly comfy and stretchy and I love them. Unfortunately they are getting to be too big. (This isn't actually a bad thing, just  little inconvenient.) I just adore this top. The stripes and boatneck and three-quarter sleeves are so perfect. Last time I wore it, I did coral necklaces, this time I went with a scarf and the most gaudy jeweled hoop earrings you've ever seen. I love accessories, but I tend to edit a little more these days and keep the focus on a couple of great pieces. Once upon a time I wore my jewelry (matching necklace, bracelets, watch, ring, and earrings) to perfectly match my outfit and my shoes and my bag. Yes, I am a child of the eighties. Oh, well, you live and learn. I am finally learning how to make things go rather than match and that my shoes do not have to be the same color as my outfit. Isn't it great that we can grow stylistically.

Are there any fashion faux pas you've moved past?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...