Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Tasty Tuesday: Easy Beef & Veggie Stoup

Happy Tuesday, friends. Today I have another easy meal. Beef and Veggie Stoup. Sort of a soup/stew mix. Anyway, it is easy and yummy and perfect for a cold night.
Here's what you'll need:
1lb ground beef (or turkey or chicken - whatever you like)
1/2 pkg frozen vegetables for soup (you can find this in the freezer section - it has chopped up potatoes, carrots, corn, green beans, tomatoes, etc)
1 small can tomato sauce
1 can diced tomatoes (I used chili tomatoes since that is what I had on hand, you can use regular or italian ones too, whatever you like)
For seasoning I used one packet of beef broth concentrate, cumin, salt, pepper, onion powder and a bay leaf




1. Start by browning your meat then add your seasonings and stir.
 2. Add tomato sauce and canned tomatoes.
3. Stir in the frozen veggies.
4. Simmer until veggies are tender - about 15 to 20 minutes usually. (Or for as long as you want - the longer it simmers the better the flavors blend.)

That's it. Super easy and really tasty. We enjoyed ours with grilled cheese sandwiches. Yummy!


And here it is all in one place! Maybe next week I'll have something other than soup! We've just been enjoying soup a lot lately since it has been so cold. Do you enjoy a lot of soups when the weather is yucky?


3 comments:

  1. This looks like perfect comfort food. When the weather is cold outside stews, soups and mashed potatoes are my favorites! Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, perfect with grilled cheese! That looks awesome and easy. My two favorites. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...