Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Tasty Tuesday: Strawberry Smoothie

Today's recipe (and as usual I use the word very loosely) is what has become my go to smoothie recipe. It has the perfect frosty texture, yummy strawberry taste and plenty of protein and fiber to keep me full.

Ingredients:
oats - about 1/3 to 1/2 cup
plain greek yogurt - about 1/3 cup
unsweetened coconut milk - about 1/2 cup
honey - about 1 teaspoon
1 small orange or 1/2 full size orange
5 - 7 frozen strawberries
(sometimes I'll add a handful of spinach for extra oomph)


I have a small single serving blender, so the order I put stuff in is really important. If you have a normal blender you can just throw it all in there and blend until smooth.

I have found the best results by putting in the oats first, then adding the milk, yogurt, honey and orange and blending until smooth. Finally I add the frozen strawberries a few at a time until the smoothie is perfectly pink and frosty. Yum.


As you can see this 'recipe' makes a pretty decent size smoothie. And I have to admit I am addicted.


Are you a smoothie fan? What is your favorite type of smoothie?

3 comments:

  1. Yum! I never thought to add coconut milk before to a smoothie. The last one I made at home was horrible! I will have to try this recipe. Plus, these are great to hide the healthy stuff for picky eaters like my youngest daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds yummi! I will try it, thank you for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, this sounds amazing! Especially with the oats. I LOVE oats for some reason haha. And it sounds fairly healthy which is a plus!
    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...