Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Weight Watching Wednesday: My Two Week Bootcamp

Happy Wednesday, ladies!
In case you haven't noticed, I am a bit of yoyo dieter. I struggle with my weight. Probably because I really like food. And not healthy food either. And I hate exercising. Like seriously loathe it. However, because I am petite and small boned I hit a point weight wise where I am miserably uncomfortable. My joints ache, I have no energy and I just overall feel yucky. Anyway, even then I usually need some real motivation to get my rear in gear and do something about it. I have done so twice. Each of the last two springs I have lost between 20 and 30 pounds. And each winter I gain at least 10 to 15 back. Which means that I am still down from my original starting weight, but nowhere near where I want to be for spring and summer. Now then about motivation. Spring break is coming up and we finalized plans to go to Missouri to spend time with my brother and his family. I am beyond thrilled. And I now have the motivation I need. Mostly. My biggest motivation comes from my progress. When I can see the numbers on the scale going down I am way more likely to stick with it and keep going. And so I put together my two week bootcamp plan to get my rear in gear. (And hopefully make my jeans a little more comfy while we're on Spring break.) I lost 6 pounds in the first four days and then I got sick. I am back on track and I'll let you know next week how much I've lost.

Now, here is the plan.
Morning yoga - a great start to the day. Eases the stiffness and soreness from working out. (This was one of those pins that lead nowhere - so I have no idea where it is from.)
 
Green tea & vitamins (I take a prenatal vitamin, evening primrose oil, fish oil, a fiber supplement and potassium - to help with muscle soreness)
 
Smoothie - there are tons of smoothie recipes out there, I have been using this one and adding a handful of spinach
 
And this is the backbone of the plan. A two week workout from Prevention that will kill you. Not even kidding. That move right there. It hurts.
There are alternating workouts and a cardio plan for walking. I don't have access to a treadmill and it is too cold and miserable to walk outside, not to mention the kiddo. So I have been doing 30 minutes of cardio via a workout video. Primarily my Dancing With the Stars cardio videos.

For any liquid intake I have been drinking both of these detox waters. The apple cinnamon one is sweet and the lemon cucumber mint is tart. Both are yummy. Do not drink anything else.
 
I had planned to do 2 smoothies a day but have actually been enjoying an afternoon snack of fresh veggies with this ranch dressing mix instead.

I have used this metabolism drink twice before my evening meal and both times I had to go running for the potty as soon as I finished eating. I don't know if this means it is working or what. Regardless, I simply cannot force myself to continue drinking the stuff. It is seriously vile. If you are a fan of grapefruit juice you might be okay with it.
 
I have been eating my normal evening meal. Whatever I cook for the family is what I eat. 
 
No food after 8pm - if I let myself snack in the evening I ruin the entire day. So no evening snacking for me. I usually have another cup of green tea sometime in the evening.
 
And finally I have been doing these evening stretches to keep my muscles from getting too sore. 


And that's the plan. It is pretty restrictive and yes, I have been hungry. However this is a short term thing. I would definitely not recommend doing something like this long term.
 
Let me know if you have any questions.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on committing to getting healthier! It's all in the small changes that add up to results. I love yoga, have been practicing for years. It's so gentle on the joints and makes me feel great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HATE exercising too! Maybe if you post enough about it, I'll get my rear in gear too!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a really great plan! You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a pretty great plan! Though I have one suggestion that my boyfriend recently suggested to me just last week. I, too, really like to snack in the evening and I'm a sucker for anything carby. So if you're really hungry he suggested snacking on only fruits or veggies after 8. I

    Also, just wondering - why a prenatal vitamin? Did I miss something here? Are you pregnant?? Or does it just provide some benefit I don't know about. Just curious...

    xo
    Kym
    bitty.and.bunny

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...