Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Chambray and Lace




Happy Wednesday! Hope y'all are having a lovely Thanksgiving week. Here is another outfit from September featuring my chambray top yet again. I have more than gotten my money out of this $6 top. ;)

In other news it is that time of year again. What am I talking about? Waaay back when hubby and I were dating he got me started reading a fantasy series called the Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan. At the time I think there were five or six books and although (with the exception of Tolkein) fantasy wasn't my usual genre I was hooked. The books are well written and the world he has created is awesome. Beginning that Christmas and for several years after one of my presents was always the next hardcover in the series. Because we were getting up to eight and ten and eleven (really long) books in the series I got in the habit of re-reading the entire series every year before Christmas so I was ready to read the new book. Then the unthinkable happened. Robert Jordan died with the series unfinished. Thankfully he had left comprehensive notes on how the series was to end so his wife worked with Brian Sanderson to finish out the final three books of the series. After 22 years (the first book was published in 1990) the fourteenth and final book will be out in January. So, I have started the series from the beginning and am happily immersed in a world of fantasy and will be for a while. If you enjoy a good fantasy I would highly recommend these books. They are awesome. (One caveat: the female characters are extremely annoying for the first several books - they do grow into themselves though.)

Any of you confirmed bibliophiles out there? Have you read the Wheel of Time books? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...