Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Shopping Ban Update




Happy Wednesday, lovelies! I hope you are having a wonderful week. ;) I totally loved this outfit. It is so basic and really minimal, but for some reason just felt really amazing on. While I love my colors, some days a bunch of neutrals with a splash of burgundy is all you need. ;)

So, I am nearing the end of my shopping ban and I thought I would just give y'all a little update. I have done really well. The only spending on me has been using an old navy gift card from GCOGH. To be honest keeping the ban hasn't been much of an issue for me for a couple of reasons. First, the only stores around are walmart and Cato. It was pretty easy to just stay out of Cato (I took the kiddo to the park or the library instead) and I know what walmart has and am waiting for it to go on clearance anyway. Secondly, our finances were really tight. We are getting down to our last couple of months before the bank account is empty. (Hubby is preaching at a really small church that pays a couple hundred a week and has been unable to find another job.) So, we were looking at not being able to give our kiddo the Christmas we wanted to. Don't get me wrong, he will get plenty from grandparents and other family members, but we didn't think we would be able to do much. And it broke my heart. So there was big motivation to save every penny I could. Now comes the happy ending. Over the past three weeks we have received three monetary gifts in varying amounts that will allow us to make this Christmas special. I have seen God provide for us in miraculous ways over and over again. (You don't make it through seminary with Him providing), but it continues to surprise and amaze me how He blesses us. I felt kind of silly praying and being upset about Christmas when I know that my child is not in need and will get plenty. But God knew my heart and blessed us with the ability to provide for him ourselves.While our future is still totally up in the air and I have no idea if hubby will have a job anytime soon, I know that I can trust that God will continue to provide for us and take care of us. And for now, that is enough.

Linking up with The Pleated Poppy, Transatlantic Blonde and Rae Gun Wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...